1. Software development - Be responsible for the design, architecture, release management (on-time deliveries with agreed quality levels), technical health of the overall system
2. Engineering Management - TDD, CI/CD, Scrum etc. Lead code and architecture design reviews.
3. Collaborate with cross-functional teams effectively like Design, Developers, QA, DevOps, AI/ML and Data teams
4. Serve as the team's Scrum Master, breaking down roadblocks as well as managing communications with partners and dependent teams.
5. Work closely with Product management, Business and Engineering leadership and team to align on and understand product vision, roadmap and priority.
6. Setting up best practices for development, software delivery and championing their adoption. Help the team to produce high quality, well-architected and supportable code.
7. Facilitate architecture and design; promoting scalability, loose coupling, reusability, and leveraging industry-standard frameworks where needed to build quality software.
8. Drive engineering excellence, lead the teams to ship often with top notch quality. Build, communicate and execute robust development, documentation, and product engineering processes. Showcase progress against key engineering metrics.
9. Build a culture of engineering excellence (quality, security, performance, scalability, availability, resilience etc.)
10. Manage a team of 8-10 engineers (across Frontend, Backend/Middleware) and be accountable for their growth and development.
11. Review key business metrics regularly to assess the true impact of engineering deliverables and course correct as and when required.
12. Lead talent management including hiring, developing and retaining teams.
13. Developing career paths for team members and helping them grow with regular deep mentoring.
Desired Skills and Experience:
1. 6-8 yrs of total software engineering experience with 2+ years in a team management role. Someone who has been a strong individual contributor but had evolved to the management role
2. Experience with web technologies Linux, Apache, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Redis, React, Ajax, Node, MongoDB, etc.
3. Experience in building highly distributed/scalable, internet-facing, public or private cloud-hosted, B2B products.
4. Ability to drive adoption of high technical standards in the team
5. Ability to balance and architect the system between FR and NFRs (security, performance, reporting etc) in mind
6. Experience in building and shipping features single-handedly with little or no supervision along with leading a team
7. Experience of managing a team of Full stack (Frontend/Backend Development)engineers.
8. Strong familiarity with DevOps processes and frameworks. Strong advocate of automation of DevOps processes from Infra setup to full CD
9. Good understanding of application security vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10 and beyond), defence techniques and security best practices, including language-specific security practices and present-day threats
Candidates with following Skills or knowledge will have added advantage:
1. Experience in managing and building AI/ML product(s)
2. Some knowledge/exposure of Image processing, Video Analytics
3. Knowledge on ELK stack
4. Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP or other similar cloud solutions